Thursday

My experience on this tragic day.

On September 11, 2001 I was in 6th grade in my english class when I found out about the news. Twenty minutes later, my name came over the loud speaker to go to the office because my father was down there to pick me up. When I went down to the office he seemed, I guess occupied. I had asked him what was wrong and he said he was afraid that we were going to die that day. Those words petrified me, and as I sit here thinking about what happened that day, I think, " What if the hijackers had hit Staten Island", it's only about 2 miles across the river. That day, many people had been killed, friends, family, mothers, fathers, everyone knows someone or knows of someone who had died in 9/11. Personally, I lost no family members, just friends, and friends parents. I know people who have survived also.

Celebrating the 7th anniversary of this tragic day. I look back at this as a turning point in every Americans life, we became stronger as a country, we became one. After being able to get passed the terrorist attacks, I know and believe there is nothing that can bring down New York City, or the United States. There is just a sense of unity I see each and every day, especially around this time, and that is why I love the people I live near, why I love the city I live in, and why I love being a united, free citizen in the United States of America.

No comments: