Wednesday

I GIVE UP

Today, I was on the verge of quitting. And I've said itbefore, but I have been seriously plotting it whilesimultaneously shutting down piece by piece at work. I feelkind of bad because the persons at fault will never feel thepressure and anxiety I feel and thus I take it out on thoseI'm responsible for leading. It's a sucky position to be in- like a soggy sandwich which seemingly no support on eitherside. So more specifically, I want to quit because "the bosses"are asking for too much and there's no room for negotiationor substantial pay to match their demands, so whether Iperform or not, I lose. Lately my program hasn't beenreaching our recruitment goals and are now being threatenedwith looming "action plans" and the loss of our independenceif we don't step our game up. Sounds about right, but theadded pressures is what takes our focus away from recruitingparticipants to securing place for the actual program totake place - let alone planning the actual program itself!

No comments: